CLICK HERE —>>>Sts. Peter and Paul Facebook Page – Mass Live Stream A new window on your browser will open.
Once you reach the Facebook page, you will need to scroll down past the header and page information to the heading “POSTS” to see the latest live screen video stream. Click on the large play arrow to begin the broadcast. If you’re early to the stream, you might also need to hit ‘refresh’ on your browser to restart the broadcast.
Click HERE to download the latest Worship Aide (May 31 – June 6)
Publishing of Sunday Bulletins has Resumed!
We once again will have printed Sunday bulletins! Bulletins will be passed out as you exit Mass. However, it is not within the current health safety guidelines to place them in the bulletin holders. You may also view the bulletin online by clicking on “Read this week’s Pastoral Region Bulletin” in the sidebar.
Return to Public Mass
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
The pandemic out-break of the Covid-19 virus, the resulting continuing stay-in-place orders here in Ohio, and the suspension of public Mass has been extremely difficult for many in our community. While this pandemic continues, there are signs of life beginning to emerge as many businesses begin to reopen. On May 8, Archbishop Schnurr presented a letter to the faithful outlining plans to resume the public celebration of Mass beginning on May 25, 2020 (8:30 am Saints Peter and Paul) with some restrictions (letter on next page). The idea of returning to public worship is worrisome for many; especially those who are in the high-risk category. Thus, the Archbishop has extended the dispensation from the obligation of attending Sunday Mass for the foreseeable future. If you wish to participate in the Eucharist, you may do this any day of the week. However, many restrictions have been put in place to help ensure that we continue to prevent the transmission of this virus.
Mass will continue to be streamed live on Facebook and hopefully in the near future, directly on the website. We are mounting permanent cameras in both churches. Mass will not be celebrated in Mary Our Mother Chapel for the foreseeable future due to social distance concerns. The Mass schedule:
|Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Church
Monday & Wednesday 8:30 am
Thursday- 6:00 pm (Confessions following)
Saturday- 5:00 pm Sunday- 8:30 am
|Saints Peter and Paul Church
Tuesday- 8:30 am
Friday- 12:00 Noon (High Risk Parishioners only)
Saturday- 8:30 am (Confessions following)
Saturday- 3:00 pm Sunday- 10:30 am
Please note, the Friday Noon Mass is for High-risk parishioners only! No other parishioners will be permitted into this Mass. Also, all confessions will be heard outside (drive-thru style) until further notice. Please get to Mass early due to limited seating due to social distancing. PLEASE READ ALL GUIDELINES for complete details and what to expect upon arrival. Note that these are always subject to change as needed. Please feel free to email or call me if you have any questions. Until we see each other again, may the Lord bless you and keep you safe.
Fr Matthew J. Robben
Guideline, Restrictions, and Safety
MASS / FACILITIES
- Get to Mass early. The door will open one hour before Mass will have limited seating due to social distancing. Pews available for usage will be marked. Seating will be first come, first served. Once the church reaches capacity or Mass begins, the doors will be locked to incoming parishioners. The doors always allow one to exit at any time.
- All in attendance must wear a cloth face covering or mask. Parishioners are responsible for obtaining their own face mask.
- Entrance to Church is restricted to 1 set of doors. Ministers will help seat parishioners to maximize capacity while maintaining social distancing.
- Saints Peter and Paul -Courtyard Handicap entrance
- Our Lady of the Sacred Heart – Main Entrance
- Temperatures may be taken prior to entrance (especially during High Risk Masses). If you are sick, running a fever, or anyone in your home is sick, PLEASE STAY HOME.
- Please use the hand sanitizer as you enter the church.
- No restrooms will be available during Mass.
- No collection will be taken up during offertory. Collection boxes will be placed in the gathering space at OLSH and both, in the cross section and front center door at SSPP. Thank you for your generosity.
- Church pews will be sanitized every other liturgy/Mass. Pew usage will alternate each Mass. For example, Saturday uses even numbered pews and Sunday morning the odd.
- Please EXIT the church patiently so as to observe social distancing.
- All music for our liturgies will be printed in disposable worship aides. These will include the music for all Masses the entire week. Once a worship aide is used it must be either taken home and used throughout the week or placed in the recycle boxes by the doors.
- No physical contact during the Our Father and the sign of peace outside immediate family.
- No procession of bread and wine. Hosts will be kept out of public areas and placed on the credence table before Mass.
- There will be NO COMMUNION PROCESSION. The Eucharist Minister of Holy Communion will use the empty pews to come to you
- Please say “Amen” before removing face covering to receive the Eucharist.
- Communion will be distributed under the species of the Body of Christ
- Communion is to be received in the palm of the hand until further notice.
- All Eucharistic Ministers of Holy Communion will wash and sanitize hands before distributing.
COMMUNION TO THE HOMEBOUND
- Communion may be taken to the homebound if:
- The person lives in your home, or…
- The person is in your care, or…
- The person is someone with whom you come in regular contact and have been exposed.
- A Pix for Communion to the Homebound may be dropped off in the sacristy before Mass with the number of hosts needed. The Pix may be picked up off the altar following Mass.
- Friendly Visitors will not be conducting home visits until further notice.
- The Parish Office will be open beginning May 26, but by appointment only. Please call 554-1010 or 733-4950 to make an appointment. Face covering or mask required when visiting.
- Reduced number of ministers to be used at all liturgies:
- No Servers
- Only 1 Lector
- EMOHCs limited to max of 4
- No choir, cantor only
OLSH Golf Outing
Looking to get back in the swing of things? The Annual OLSH Parish Golf Outing will be held on Saturday, June 27th at Fairfield Golf Course. Registration will begin at 7:30. The cost is $75/person and include breakfast, golf, lunch (tentative-dependent on social distancing guidelines), drinks and prizes. Space is limited. Spots will be filled on a first come, first paid basis so please register ASAP. For additional information please contact Brian Hoffman at 708-2393 or email@example.com. information.
CHURCH IS OPEN FOR PRIVATE PRAYER
At this time, and of course subject to change by ruling of Governor DeWine, both Our Lady of the Sacred Heart and Sts. Peter and Paul Churches will be open daily for private prayer from 11am to 7pm. You may enter Sts. Peter and Paul by the courtyard door. Please use social distancing protocols. Worship aides and reading materials are available in both churches.
Announcements & News
A Bulletin was published for Sunday, May 10th. You may view the bulletin by clicking on the Bulletin sidebar on the website to read Deacon Tom’s Reflection on the Gospel, Fr. Matt’s Saint of the Week, and the list of Easter flower donors among other articles.
Thanks to your generosity the Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Mission Commission storage room is stuffed full! However, the Paintsville Kentucky St. Michael’s Mountain Outlet Thrift Store is temporarily closed due to the pandemic, and the Mission Commission cannot store any more items at this time Please hold any additional donation of items for the Mountain Outlet until the …
Save the weekend! Fri, Sept 18: 6pm – 11pm Sat, Sept 19: 4pm – 11pm Sun, Sept 20: Noon to 8pm
The Kroger Community Rewards Program was designed to support organizations by simply using your Kroger Plus Card! Sign up right away to start earning rebates for our parish. Sign in or create an account at krogercommunityrewards.com. Click on Enroll Now Under “Find Your Organization” enter DG508 (SSPP) or QC004 (OLSH), click search Click on appropriate parish name You’ll receive confirmation that …
Sacrament of Reconciliation
The Sacrament of Reconciliation will be offered Saturday following the streamed 8:30 am Mass and on Thursday evening following the 6:00 pm Mass. Confessions will be heard at Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Church in the Sacristy. (In the main door of the building, turn left down the hall, 3rd door on the left.)
177 Siebenthaler Avenue
Reading, OH 45215
Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Parish seeks to enrich and inspire a vibrant Catholic faith community by gathering to celebrate the Eucharist and working together to fulfill the spiritual needs of our Parish family. Proud of our heritage and responsible tradition, we call upon the goodness and generosity of all our members to live out the Catholic faith with love and respect for all God’s creation.
330 West Vine Street
Reading, OH 45215
The parish mission takes its origin from Jesus’ mission who was … to bring good news to the poor. …to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor. (Luke 4: 18-19) Our parish has defined this for us in our “Mission Statement”: They devoted themselves to the teaching of the Apostles and to the communal life, to the breaking of the bread and the prayers. (Acts 2:42)
The weekly bulletins for the Collaborative Pastoral Region are available here.